Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spring Fever...

Don’t get me wrong, I am one of the biggest snow sport enthusiasts you will ever meet. But there comes a time every winter where we all are ready for those outdoors activities that don’t involve twenty layers. Well the spring bug officially bit me, and the only thing to do was call up one of my good friends who happens to be member of the Navy Golf Team and we hit the road. We drove out to Turning Stone resort to the golf dome and sporting complex for a few hours of golfing. At this range there is a two tier driving range with multiple targets, putting greens, chipping greens, and a full virtual simulator to play hundreds of courses around the world. This oasis in the frozen tundra known as central New York is just a taste of what we have to look forward to in a few months. The dome gives you a chance to let your swing loosen back up while there is still snow falling on the greens outside. While there I was able to take video to analyze my swing later in a biomechanics software program and I have embedded a few of the samples to give you an idea of what this range really has to offer. So if there are any avid golf fans out there I highly suggest you check this place out to get you through those long cold months. 


No comments:

Post a Comment